Are you ready to take your career to the next level and grow professionally with a dynamic company that values employees and creates abundant opportunities for their development?
Are you looking for a career where you can positively impact the lives of children on the autism spectrum and their families? If so, this is the job for you!
Caravel Autism Health is growing, servicing over 350 clients throughout Wisconsin and the Chicagoland area. We seek passionate, dedicated individuals who support the Caravel Mission: We Change Lives! Caravel believes in making a positive impact on clients' and employees' lives and upholding our values of: Advocacy, Teamwork, Passion, Professional Development, Clinical Commitment, and Operational Excellence. We provide in-home, ABA Therapy to children on the autism spectrum and are looking for a Licensed or Licensed Eligible Psychologist (Clinical, Neuro Developmental, or Developmental) to join the Caravel Team.
The Psychologist will conduct intake assessments for children with developmental disabilities and other childhood conditions, across the state of Wisconsin. This individual will also be responsible for conducting psychological testing on clients on an annual basis to asssess progress across multple domains. Position can be located in either Green Bay, Milwaukee, or Madison areas and will include frequent travel throught the state.
May be exposed to clients who exhibit physically aggressive behavior including kicking, pinching, punching, biting, etc. Use of appropriate behavior management techniques is required in these circumstances. Requires agility, quick reflexes and the ability to use phyically evasive movement. Will be required to stand, walk, sit, grasp, reach, bend, kneel, crouch, squat, hear, type and write. Will be exposed to normal office conditions. Must be able to lift, move, and carry objects weighing up to 35 lbs. Requires visiion abilities to include near, far, and field of vision. Speech must be spoken in a way in which others will understand.
1. Doctorate in Psychology with a preference for an individual who is open to pursuing the BCBA certification. Prefer a Licensed Psychologist in the state of Wisconsin, or a Licensed Eligibile candidate.
2. Prefer at least two years experience working with children on the autism spectrum.
3. Previous experience to include:
4. Strong diagnostic and clinical skills
5. Possession of key leadership skills including: positive attitude, integrity, accountability, developing and motivating others, fostering teamwork, effective communication, and strategic thinking
6. Strategic and visionary focus
7. Natural ability to interact with children; skilled in carefully observing children and young people and respond to what they might be communicating through their behavior and play.
8. Critical thinking skills, with strong analytical abilities
9. Self-motivated with excellent organizational and time management skills
10. Ability to work cohesively in a team environment to deal with complex client problems
11. Able to coach, mentor and lead others
12. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
13. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
14. Strong client focus
15. Able to follow and abide by ethical guidelines and policies, maintain confidentiality, and abide by all HIPAA regulations
16. Ability to maintain professional boundaries with clients and their families
17. Represents Caravel in a professional manner
18. Strong work ethich, with the ability to meet commitments
19. Ability to pass a thorough background check
20. Possess a valid driver's license, provide proof of auto insurance, and use personal vehicle for travel